Complete CV available upon request
- Ph.D., Biological Oceanography, UCLA, 2006
- M.Sc., Entomology, OSU, 1997
- B.A. with distinction, Zoology, UCSB, 1994
- Research and teaching: Marine invertebrate ecology; Biological oceanography of planktonic animals; Transport of larval invertebrates. Biological sampling at sea. Biology, ecology and evolution of parasitic organisms; Insect and acarine parasitism. Science education, conservation and sustainability.
Ecomarine Consulting LLC - 2008 present
- Owner, Principal Scientist for marine environmental consulting projects throughout the West Coast.
Weston Solutions, Carlsbad - 2006 2007
MBC Applied Environmental Sciences - 1997 2006
- 2,440+ logged dives (6/30/17)
- Int'l Assoc. Nitrox & Technical Divers (IANTD) - 1995
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Divemaster - 1994
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Diving Rescue - 1994
- American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) Diver - 1993
- University of California Certified Research Diver #888 - 1993
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Advanced - 1993
- National Association of Scuba Diving Schools (NASDS) OW1 - 1986
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (industry publications furnished upon request)
SELECTED ORAL PRESENTATIONS
- Morris, A.K., 2006, Zooplankton Aggregations in California Coastal Zones, Ph.D. thesis, UCLA, 309pp.
- Morris, A.K., 2006, Macrozooplankton Assemblages in California Fronts, Coastal Environmental Quality Initiative, Paper 034. http://repositories.cdlib.org/ucmarine/ceqi/034
- Morris, A.K., 1997, A Model of Trophic Evolutionary Pathways, M.Sc. thesis, Oregon State University, 147pp.
- Lafferty, K.D. and A.K. Morris, 1996, "Altered Behavior of Parasitized Killifish Increases Susceptibility to Predation by Bird Final Hosts", Ecology 77(5): 1390-1397.
- July 2017 13th International Conference On Copepoda, "Distribution of zooplankton near the Monterey Bay upwelling front: Rethinking the concept of zooplankton as inactive drifters".
- November 2013 American Cetacean Society, LA Chapter, "Iceland Whale Tale - History and Economic Drivers Behind the Whale Hunting and Whale Watching Industries". (keynote speaker)
- November 2010 Youth Science Center Fundraiser Dinner, "The Blue Marbles Project: Inspiring Youth to Embrace Sustainability of the Earth". (invited, keynote speaker)
- April 2009 Mt. San Antonio College, “Environmental Action Group for a Livable Earth” Club “Humans and the Marine Environment ”. (invited lecture)
- August 2007 State Water Resources Control Board, Region Nine “Current Progress on the Development and Testing of the Regional Harbor Monitoring Program Statistical Design”. (invited)
- June 2007 City of Oceanside, “Regional Harbor Monitoring Program Pilot Project Year 2 Statistical Methodology Evaluation”. (invited)
- March 2007 California State University, Fullerton, "“Zooplankton Patch Dynamics in Coastal Fronts: Designed to Drift or Selected to Swim". (invited, Dept. seminar speaker)
- June 2006 Central Region Kelp Survey Consortium, “Status of the Kelp Beds - Results from the 2005 Quarterly Aerial Surveys".
- June 2004 American Society of Limnology and Oceanography, "Caught On Video! Jellyfish Aggregations Along The Monterey Upwelling Shadow, Monterey, California".
Copyright © 1998-2017. All rights reserved