Complete CV available upon request
- Ph.D., Biology, UCLA, 2006
- M.Sc., Entomology, OSU, 1997
- B.A. with distinction, Zoology, UCSB, 1994
- Research and teaching: Marine invertebrate ecology; Biological oceanography of planktonic animals; Transport of larval invertebrates. Biological sampling at sea. Biology, ecology and evolution of parasitic organisms; Insect and acarine parasitism. Science education, conservation and sustainability.
Ecomarine Consulting LLC - 2008 present
- Owner, Principal Scientist for marine environmental consulting projects throughout the West Coast.
Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts, Whittier - 2007 2008
Weston Solutions, Carlsbad - 2006 2007
MBC Applied Environmental Sciences - 1997 2006
- 1,827 logged dives (1/31/12)
- Int'l Assoc. Nitrox & Technical Divers (IANTD) #11,747 - 1995
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Divemaster #D9717- 1994
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Diving Rescue - 1994
- American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) Diver - 1993
- University of California Certified Research Diver #888 - 1993
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) Advanced - 1993
- National Association of Scuba Diving Schools (NASDS) OW1 - 1986
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (industry publications furnished upon request)
SELECTED ORAL PRESENTATIONS
- Morris, A.K., 2006, Zooplankton Aggregations in California Coastal Zones, Ph.D. thesis, UCLA, 309pp.
- Morris, A.K., 2006, Macrozooplankton Assemblages in California Fronts, Coastal Environmental Quality Initiative, Paper 034. http://repositories.cdlib.org/ucmarine/ceqi/034
- Morris, A.K., 1997, A Model of Trophic Evolutionary Pathways, M.Sc. thesis, Oregon State University, 147pp.
- Lafferty, K.D. and A.K. Morris, 1996, "Altered Behavior of Parasitized Killifish Increases Susceptibility to Predation by Bird Final Hosts", Ecology 77(5): 1390-1397.
- November 2010 Youth Science Center Fundraiser Dinner, "The Blue Marbles Project: Inspiring Youth to Embrace Sustainability of the Earth". (invited, keynote speaker)
- April 2019 Mt. San Antonio College, “Environmental Action Group for a Livable Earth” Club “Humans and the Marine Environment ”. (invited lecture)
- August 2007 State Water Resources Control Board, Region Nine “Current Progress on the Development and Testing of the Regional Harbor Monitoring Program Statistical Design”. (invited)
- June 2007 City of Oceanside, “Regional Harbor Monitoring Program Pilot Project Year 2 Statistical Methodology Evaluation”. (invited)
- March 2007 California State University, Fullerton, "“Zooplankton Patch Dynamics in Coastal Fronts: Designed to Drift or Selected to Swim". (invited, Dept. seminar speaker)
- June 2006 Central Region Kelp Survey Consortium, “Status of the Kelp Beds - Results from the 2005 Quarterly Aerial Surveys".
- May 2006 Southern California Academy of Sciences, “Distribution of plankton near the Monterey Upwelling Front: Rethinking the concept of plankton as inactive ‘drifters’”.
- March 2005 Ohlone College, Biology Department “Current Trends in California Environmental Policy and Practice”. (invited)
- August 2004 Southern California Association of Marine Invertebrate Taxonomists, “Oceanic Fronts: The Great Meeting Place”. (invited)
- June 2004 American Society of Limnology and Oceanography, "Caught On Video! Jellyfish Aggregations Along The Monterey Upwelling Shadow, Monterey, California".
- March 2004 American Academy of Underwater Sciences, "Swimming Through Space Measuring Macrozooplankton Densities Along Blue Water Diving Transects".
- September 2002 Dana Point Marine Science Center, Marine Science Teaching Colloquium, "Thirty Years of Environmental Monitoring in Long Beach Harbor - For Better or For Worse". (invited)
- May 1997 Department of Entomology, Oregon State University, Thesis Presentation, "Trophic Evolutionary Pathways: I eat, therefore I am".
- June 1994 Seventy-fourth Annual Meeting of the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, University of Southern California and Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County: "Effects of the trematode Euhaplorchis californiensis on the behavior of the estuarine killifish Fundulus parvipinnis ".
Copyright © 1998-2011, 2012 [A. Kimo Morris]. All rights reserved